is the future now?

I sit here tapping the keys as if something grand is happening, as if all this time I spend putting my thoughts and observations into words has some real worth for the world... why else would I use my time and energy this way... why else would I upload the words...
how many thousands of us are doing this now and what does it mean?... are we by conscious choice all putting ourselves in cubicles, behind walls, behind screens and words, distant and apart?... is this the direction our species is heading?... will this be the social life of the future?... is the future now?...
I grew tired of the club scene, the drinking, the drugs, the dress up and put on the show... though sometimes the meaningless fun and ego show was worth it, all in all it was more of a waste of time and money than fun... I did not want to work hard to make money just to spend the money on going out to try to impress someone, to try to meet someone...
real has to start with real, not with pretense...

2005-05-29

Hmmm ... deep thoughts ... real thoughts ...

No comments: